You know those days where things just don't seem to swing your way? Those days you feel like you just want to go back to bed? Those days where you feel frustrated and defeated? Yeah, I just had one of those days. We all do.
But why let a few hours or a few events ruin the whole dang day! Here's what you can do to turn a blah day into a yay day! Let's play!
1. FEEL IT. You didn't have a great day. Don't hide from it. Feel it. And then make a decision to move on from it. Choose to have a better rest of your day.
2. BLAST YOUR SONG. Play your favourite song, sing along, and dance h-a-r-d. What song really gets you excited no matter what? My songs are Gloria by Laura Branigan and Despacito feating Justin Bieber. The beats fit my dance style like nobody's business and I'm always right on key (not!). Repeat the song as many times as you need to until you are smiling for more than 15 seconds straight. In my experience 1-3 times does the trick. #MyPoorNeighbours :-)
3. GO FOR A WALK. If you're not too tired from dancing, go for a short walk to clear your mind.
4. REACH OUT TO A FRIEND. A special someone in your life can boost your spirits within seconds. Call, text, FaceTime, whatever. Reach out.
5. ASK FOR A HUG. Some people are huggers. I'm starting to become one. It's weird but I kinda like it! If you don't have anyone to hug, hug the pooch. If you don't have a pooch, hug yourself dang it! :-)
What do you do to boost your happiness on your blah days? Post a comment or tweet #MyHappinessCoach. Get your happy on!
So you gonna pick happy? Let's spread some optimism together!
About the author. Brenda is a Certified Professional Coach and Founder of My Happiness Coach. She inspires people to live the outrageously happy lives they deserve. You can subscribe to her blog or inquire about one on one coaching or customized happiness workshops and courses today at www.myhappinesscoach.ca.